It’s been over two years in the making… Off the Escalator, a book that explains several kinds of unconventional intimate relationships and how they work has been written and is due to be published in late 2015.
This book is based on the first 1000 responses to an online survey, and features direct quotes from hundred of respondents. It covers many unusual, consensual approaches to relationships, including:
- Ethical nonmonogamy. Swinging, polyamory, monogamish, don’t ask don’t tell, and other kinds of open relationships.
- Asexual or aromantic relationships, where sex and/or romance don’t play a key role in the bond between partners.
- Living apart by choice, where there is no goal of ever sharing a household.
- Fluid relationships, where people shift the nature of their relationship (friends, lovers, partners, etc.) as it suits them
- Friends with benefits, “scene” partners, and other intimate connections that are meaningful without necessarily being “Big-L Love.”
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for project updates — including when we’ll be making form surveys available so you can share you stories and questions!